Review: When Beauty Tamed the Beast

by 12:08 PM 0 comments
Miss Linnet Berry Thrynne is a Beauty . . . Naturally, she's betrothed to a Beast.

Piers Yelverton, Earl of Marchant, lives in a castle in Wales where, it is rumored, his bad temper flays everyone he crosses. And rumor also has it that a wound has left the earl immune to the charms of any woman.

Linnet is not just any woman.

She is more than merely lovely: her wit and charm brought a prince to his knees. She estimates the earl will fall madly in love—in just two weeks.

Yet Linnet has no idea of the danger posed to her own heart by a man who may never love her in return.

If she decides to be very wicked indeed . . . what price will she pay for taming his wild heart?

 
 

When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James

Published January 25th, 2011 by Avon
Genre: Historical Romance
Rating: 2 Stars
Reviewed on February 3, 2016
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.

 

My Review

After Reading:

This is, by far, not the worst EJ book I've read. It was pretty decent and the chemistry was passable. However, while I was pulled in by the witty banter, the over-the-top dialogs got on my nerves, and reading became a snooze. Piers lived up to being Beastly/House though and that's a winner.

Also, when it comes to romance, I'm not a fan of multi-povs that includes side-characters too. It's a waste of pages. Just my two cents.


Before Reading:

I know what you're thinking: "Cee, why are you reading this book when over and over again in every EJ book you read, you established the characters are always lusty imbeciles because EJ didn't upgrade in either 2003 or 2015?"



I know, I know, sue me, but hear me out. Khanh likes this book and I'm willing to give EJ the benefit of the doubt. And did I mention the hero is supposedly the Regency House?



Don't expect me to say no to THAT?

If it happens that I don't like this EJ book either, I promise to be civil but still remain critical.


 


My Rating

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment