Review: The Rose Society

by 12:14 PM 0 comments
Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she flees Kenettra with her sister to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good when her very existence depends on darkness?

 
 

The Rose Society (The Young Elites #2) by Marie Lu

Published October 23rd, 2015 by G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Genre: Fantasy
Rating: 3 Stars
Reviewed on February 26, 2016
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.

 

My Review

I Scream "Bloody Murder" Three Stars!

Adelina, your insides are dark nasty. If all these fuckers want a real bitch, seriously, get in line for The Rose Society. There is no room for guilt. I can not begin to express the delight that the revenges, the horror, and character deaths brought me. Oh, the action was glorious and I was stuffing my mouth with cookies while losing myself in the ending. And now I shall wait for more destruction.

On a less vicious note: I'm trying very hard to be impressed by The Rose Society. For one, I'm not a fan of the writing and I tended to pick on sentences here and there. In other words, "if it sounds like writing, you should rewrite it." Secondly, I had no emotional investment in these characters, their backstories, and their personalities (or lack thereof). Most of them were just there. Mainly, it was only their powers and goals that pushed me to keep reading. Thirdly, I didn't care for Enzo in the previous book and I sure as hell don't care for him now. Neither do I care about any other love interests. Last of all, I hope I'll care enough to read the final installment. I don't want it to ruin the lovely memory of having such a dark and fucked-up villain as our leading character. Long live, The White Wolf! I just want to watch the world burn. *crackles with evil laughter*




BONUS QUOTES:
“But true rulers are not born. We are made.”
“It is better to have an enemy who will fight you in an open field then a lover who will kill you in your sleep.”

 

My Rating

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment