Review: A Monster Calls

by 12:36 PM 0 comments
A Monster CallsA Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Here is the hardest hit of all, O'Malley," Harry said. "Here is the very worst thing I can do to you."

....

"Good-bye, O'Malley," Harry said, looking into Conor's eyes. "I no longer see you."


Why did this make me tear up all over again? I'm just bitter, hateful, accepting, and relieved all at the same time. This was a painful read and I wanted to get it over with. I wanted not to understand the stories that the monster told Conor. I wanted monsters, destruction, and nightmares not to be real. I wanted it gone and over. Did that make me a bad person? Did it make Conor a bad person? NO. Bless fucking human emotions. Just bless the intricate network of how and what we think, feel, and do.



This book understands me. This book speaks the words I always tell myself. This book comes from a place of truth.


View all my reviews

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment