Review: Nobody's Baby But Mine

by 7:27 PM 0 comments
Genius physics professor Dr. Jane Darlington desperately wants a baby. But finding a father won’t be easy. Jane’s super-intelligence made her feel like a freak when she was growing up, and she’s determined to spare her own child that suffering. Which means she must find someone very special to father her child. Someone who’s more comfortable working out his muscles than exercising his brain.

Cal Bonner, the Chicago Stars’ legendary quarterback, seems like the perfect choice. But his champion good looks and down-home ways are deceiving. Dr. Jane is about to learn a little too late that this good ol’ boy is a lot smarter than he lets on—and he’s not about to be used and abandoned by a brainy, baby-mad schemer.

 

 



Nobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phllips

Published February 1st 1997 by Avon Books
Genre: Contemporary
Rating: 2 Stars
Reviewed on December 16, 2015
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.

 

My Review



If you think the picture above has no relations to the story, you're wrong. Dr. Jane Darlington was out to get Calvin Bonner's Lucky Charms and I mean, both his sperm and the cereal.

The "Cereal Killer" bit was funny, I'll give it that. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

However, Nobody's Baby But Mine just really bugs me. The supposedly-intelligent "Dumbington" was too stupid and her logic made no sense. "Boner" was too emotionally immature. And I lost my fucks to give by the end of the book. It was too long and could have been cut down by a considerable amount.

Granted, I'll be generous and offer 2 "It was okay" stars. I didn't like the book. I didn't hate it either.         


 


My Rating

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment