Review: First Touch

by 8:53 AM 0 comments
When Emily Wayborn receives an answerphone message from her former best friend Amber, she knows something is seriously wrong. Emily hasn't spoken to Amber in years, and when Amber uses a safe word in her message that Emily recognises -- a word they always used to get out of sticky situations during their wild partying days -- she knows Amber needs her help. But when Emily tries to find her, she discovers that Amber is missing.

Determined to track her down, Emily follows a chain of clues that lead her to enigmatic billionaire Reeve Sallis. Renowned for his shady dealings and playboy reputation, Emily is convinced that Reeve knows something about Amber's disappearance. To try and discover the truth, Emily sets out to seduce him. But when she's forced to decide where her loyalty lies, how will Emily choose between saving Amber and saving her heart?

If you devoured Fifty Shades and Sylvia Day's Bared To You series, you will love the latest intoxicating, passionate and addictive novel from New York Times bestseller Laurelin Paige.


 

 First Touch (First and Last #1) by Laurelin Paige

Expected publication: December 22nd 2015 by St. Martin's Griffin
Genre: Dark Romance, Erotica, Thriller, Mystery, Suspense,
Rating: None Available
Reviewed on December 1, 2015
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.
 


 

My Review

Run. That's my advice: Run.

If you're looking to have your 20/20 vision splattered with blood, spit, and semen, then take this book and have your way with it.

If not, run.

Seriously. I am compelled to throw in some repulsive and graphic gifs in my review just for good measure.

First Touch is going to haunt me at night. Maybe even you. I won't give away anything specific in my review; not a single thing. All I want to do is forget this book and I ever happened.

I wasn't prepared for how dark and sexual First Touch was going to be. It was basically a dark erotica book with mystery thrown in it, but unlike many erotica books, the writing was good, not choppy and pretentious, and it didn't read like a trashy novel. However, the plot itself . . . I was expecting something that would blow me away, but this book was focused on the sex. The sexing was endless and it made me forgot why I was reading in the first place. "Like wasn't there a mystery to solve? Didn't you have a friend missing?" I'm not saying the female lead didn't get answers because she did, but I wished there was less sex. And I wish they had promoted this book as a (VERY) dark erotica because if it hadn't been promoted as a "romance suspense," I wouldn't have waited months to read it (since March, to be specific), thinking I would get one hell of a good thriller.

Colored me red. I was angry, frustrated, and disgusted. Yet I couldn't bring myself to waste my time with judging the characters and instead chose to remain indifferent to their depraving ways (failing at times when I screamed from rage or shock). I've never seen characters as corrupted and un-sugarcoated as theses ones, believe me, which is something I appreciated but I didn't have to like it. Everything that was said and done in this book should have appalled me into running away, but somehow every time I found myself wanting to put it down, the desire for knowledge overpowered my good senses. I went too deep, too far. Oh, the fucking abuse and the sex and the glorification, oh my gawd, spare me now. My eyes and brains are done. I've sedated my curiosity and although the ending gave me one hell of a cliffhanger, a rather predictable one if you ask me, and I don't think I have the power to read the next book since it doesn't suit my preferences.

But then again, that cliffhanger though. Let's see if I'm still interested if I remember this series when it's closer to the publication date. I know I'll hate myself more, but I already do now after finishing First Touch, word for word, even when I wanted to claw my eyes out for the guilt. I was punishing myself and I shouldn't any longer.



An ARC from NG in exchange for an honest review.


 

My Rating

None Available.

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment