Review: Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice

by 1:00 PM 1 comments
Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold, new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King.








 








Manga Classics: Pride and Prejudice by Stacy King

Published August 19th 2014 by Udon Entertainmen
Genre: Historical Romance
Rating: 2 Stars
Reviewed on June 24, 2015
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.
 


My Review

Take your pick. You either like the manga or you didn’t.

I’m on the dislike side.

I believe this is a parody of Pride and Prejudice more than it is an adaption. There are a few parts which are funny and others which are annoying. I found myself wincing more times than I can count because of the exaggeration and inaccuracies.

Did I enjoy the manga at the very least? Can’t say that I did.

1) Elizabeth has no class. The manga portrays a petty, juvenile, and melodramatic heroine.

2) I don’t find the drawings attractive. They were pretty at first sight. Then after a while, the drawing lost its appeal.

3) Mrs. Collins reminds me too much of my mother. I can’t. I just can’t.



ARC via Netgalley



My Rating

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

1 comment:

  1. It is unfortunate that you did not like this manga. I recently reviewed the Manga Classics: Great Expectations and I actually enjoyed that one. I guess some are better than others. I love you blog design! I am looking forward to seeing reviews for the great books you are currently reading. I am your newest followers ;)
    ~Chioma @ Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete