Review: Mortal Heart

by 1:33 PM 0 comments
Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...


 






Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers

Published November 4th 2014 by HMH Books for Young Readers
Genre: Fantasy, Historical Romance, Historical Fiction
Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed on May 8, 2015
This review can also be founds on Goodreads.
 


My Review

I'm on a roll with assassins!!!

I can’t even start with how much I love Mortal Heart. This is my favorite book in the series. I love it even more than Dark Triumph.

The characters are fabulous.



I’m in love with Annith. I’m in love with Balthazar. I’m in love with Death. I’m in love with Sybella. I think you get the general idea.

The antagonists are believable and even though it is easy to hate them, it’s also hard not to sympathize with them. The plot and twists and turns are awesome. Can’t give anything away ;) The writing and flow are nice. Not overwhelming. Not underwhelming.

The feels <3 Oh dear lord, the feels! The turmoil of this book matched Dark Triumph in almost every way— the tragedy of a painful childhood, the sorrow of loss, the hopelessness, the distressing weight of betrayal versus forgiveness, the triumph of defeating the dark, the bliss of finding your place in the world.

I feared Mortal Heart would disappoint, but Robin LaFevers wrote a worthy book to end His Fair Assassin. She wrote this series like a boss!



I do have a few issues with the book, but ehhh, you can read other reviews for that.

I can’t wait to read more of LaFevers books!



My Rating

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment