FF Friday: The Story Behind 'The Mistress Case'

by 10:44 PM 16 comments

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The point is to get my lazy butt off my idleness and meet new bloggers and friends :) What's even more cool? We bloggers out there gain new readers. Follow me and I follow you! (I prefer GFC and/or Bloglovin.)


This Week's Question:
How did you come up with your blog title and address? Does it have a special meaning for you? - Suggested by The Paperback Princess


 My blog was named after two of my favorite shows Supernatural and Sherlock. I nicknamed myself Mistress because I like to joke I'm Dean's mistress. He is the King and since I don't like to think of myself as a queen, I went with the mistress title. The "Case" part is an obvious giveaway in reference to Sherlock.

I can't help it. I'm a natural fangirl :) I love making references to my favorite TVs shows and and movies, especially in my reviews.

My blog name came immediately to me without effort and I knew I had to have it. Like I commented below, before I started blogging, I used to think a blog about books had to have '"book" or something bookish in it.

Now I know better and I don't really give a fuck about the norm.

Comment your FF below and I'll check it out! :D


Note: I've been sick this whole past week.

I apologize I haven't replied to the recent comments on my previous posts, but I will soon!

Also, I've had two wonderful people nominated me for the Liebster Award. Leanne from All-Writ-y Then (lol love that blog name) and Nour Al-Hajj from The Poetry Within Me (pretty blog name).

I'll get back to this as soon as I can.

 This is a blog hop! Follow as many as you can! And don't forget to leave a nice comment :)


Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

16 comments:

  1. I really like your blog title. I think it’s unusual and interesting.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I used to think it was a rule for your blog title to have book in it or something. That was until I actually started blogging myself xD

      Delete
  2. Be proud of your fangirl-ness! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you're an unapologetic fangirl. That's the way to be. Love Supernatural. I've always been a fan of Jensen Ackles (since his Days of Our Lives days, hehe). And I seriously think that Dean and Sam are the best brother duo on TV. I honestly get sad when they get in fights.

    Thanks for visiting my FF.

    New GFC Follower

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a fangirl is the life! Lol. Right? I love sibling representations in media and Sam and Dean are my absolute favorite <33 (Dean is such a dork and I love how his crew/cast likes to joke with him about Days of Our Lives haha) When they fight, it breaks my heart every time especially in the early days.

      Thanks for visiting and following back:D

      Delete
  4. I really like your blog name. It's different.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-follow-friday-blog-titles.html

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Mistress Case sounds like it could be a book title. Nice job! I love how you incorporated both your loves into your blog name.
    Happy FF!
    New Bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/04/feature-follow-10-my-blog-name-story.html

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog title; it sounds like a mystery book itself! New Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you put that name together. It's a cool name. Neat that it came without effort. The first time I named my blog, it took me forever, and I didn't even like the name. I went with it anyway just because I was eager to get up and running but I knew I wasn't happy with it. The Tale Temptress made me much happier. LOL!

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog title, especially the meaning behind it! I'm a Sherlock fan too however I haven't got around to watching Supernatural yet (I will someday).
    Thanks for following me, I've followed you back via both GFC and Bloglovin'
    Lauren @ myexpandingbookshelf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of Supernatural (Team Sam, all the way!) and Sherlock Holmes, too! Love me some Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE SUPERNATURAL and Sherlock too!
    Nice blog name!
    New GFC follower.
    Check out my blog story Here!

    ReplyDelete