Feature and Follow: Books Destined to be Hated or Loved

by 9:29 AM 24 comments

Feature & Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The point is to get my lazy butt off my idleness and meet new bloggers and friends :) What's even more cool? We bloggers out there gain new readers. Follow me and I follow you! (I prefer GFC and/or Bloglovin.)



Question of the Week: Have you ever read a book you thought you'd hate but loved? Or vice versa? - suggest by a Great read


This question is begging me to rant. Lol.


The first three picks are books I had to read for school and ended up loving.

1. Night - Elie Wiesel

2. Twelve Angry Men - Reginald Rose

3.. The Tell-Tale Heart - Edgar Allan Poe
 


Hate is such a strong word and I will only apply it to books I absolutely hate when I thought I would love it.

1. Throne Of Glass. I know. Big shocker here since so many of you love this book. I don't. It pisses me off when I see it on my book shelf. I repeat: I hate this book. Not the whole series. Solely the first book. My review here.

2. Can You Keep a Secret? I really thought I would love this chick lit, but I ended up hating it so much that I refused to read the last 20 pages or so. Yes, it's definitely funny, but it has one of the dumbest and annoying MCs I have ever met and the drama literally killed some of my brain cells. #MyBrainIsSobbing My review *cough* rant here.

3. The Line Between. Thought I would love. Ended up gagging and rethinking the meaning of "forgiveness." #BooHoo


(I can't seem to work the blog hop text, so I'll try later.)

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

24 comments:

  1. New GFC follower. I haven't read it Throne of Glass yet but I've seen a lot of mixed reviews about it. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog :D I wished I read both the positive and negative reviews for this book before I started. I had no clue what I was getting myself into.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books you hated. Seems you liked the classics more than the contemporaries.

    New Follower.

    Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about. I'm surprised I even like classics when I thought I was a solid contemporary girl.

      Delete
  3. I read Throne of Glass a few weeks ago and actually loved it much more than I had expected to, so I'm sorry you didn't like it so much. It's a shame when that happens, especially with hyped up books.
    I'm a new bloglovin follower by the way :)
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a shame. I learned not to trust hyped up books because of it and I'm glad I at least loved some hyped books I've read. Thanks for visiting and following! :)

      Delete
  4. New follower on Bloglovin'.
    I've never heard anything bad about Night, and it's so tiny that I keep wondering why I haven't read it every time I see it in the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't blame you. I haven't gotten around to read many classics either no matter how small the book haha.

      Delete
  5. Night was SUPER emotional! But then again, it is about WWII. New follower!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely true! I was hell bent on hating it but after my classmates and I finished reading it together as a class, I took a free copy from the library and went home to read it all over again.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I also read Night and The Tell-Tale Heart in school and really enjoyed them!! New Bloglovin follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. I'll have to check out your review of Throne of Glass. I have that on my TBR pile but I've only read good reviews of it. I'd like to see both sides of it! I also read Night in high school and it was very good. I don't think I ever did real The Tell-Tale Heart though.

    New follower!
    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must definitely both the negative and positive reviews! I've learned my lesson and now always read both kids haha. I read both Night and Tell-Tale Heart in my freshman year!

      Thanks for visiting and following :)

      Delete
  8. I’ll have to check out your review of Throne of Glass. I’m not planning to read that series, but I’ve never seen a bad review of it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check the reviews on Goodreads. I love those people who gets it haha.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  9. Lol!! You always crack me up! I always feel so awful when I see you are reading a book I really like and I tell you, "yay, this book is awesome!" and then you end up hating it! HAHA!! But seriously, that's what I love about you! Your reviews are always so honest and I'm like "omgsh, she's right!"


    Old follower, of course!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Thank you, I guess, for everything. I always feel so bad when I hate a book my friends love, but it's always better to be honest. If my friends hated a book I love, I wouldn't want them to feel bad about it. I'm looking forward to more of your reviews, Pearl :)

      Delete
  10. Can you keep a secret is one of my favorite books, I sorry that you don't like it.
    New follower,
    Silvy @Books are my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! And welcome, Silvy :)

      Delete
  11. You're not completely alone on Throne of Glass. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't completely my cup of tea either. New follower. :-)

    Shannon The Tale Temptress' FF

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/04/feature-follow-8-judging-book-before.html

    New Follower

    ReplyDelete