Waitng on Wednesday #2

by 11:06 AM 6 comments
Waiting on Wednesday a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. Today, I'm featuring one book I'm greatly anticipating.
 
 
23214378 
Normal by Graeme Cameron

 
Release Date: March 31, 2015
 

Book blurb:

This is a love story. No, really.

He lives in your community, in a nice house with a well-tended garden. He shops in your grocery store, bumping shoulders with you as you pass him and apologizing with a smile. He drives beside you on the highway, politely waving to let you into the lane ahead of him.

What you don't know is that he has an elaborate cage built into a secret basement under his garage. And the food that he's carefully shopping for is to feed a young woman he's holding there against her will--one in a string of many, unaware of the fate that awaits her.

This is how it's been for a long time. It's normal...and it works. Perfectly.

Then he meets the checkout girl from the 24-hour grocery. And now the plan, the hunts, the room...the others. He doesn't need any of them anymore. He needs only her. One small problem--he still has someone trapped in his garage.

Discovering his humanity couldn't have come at a worse time.
  
 
 
 

Why I'm excited:

I won't lie. I have a fascination for serial killers and psychopaths. Although I don't find them at all romantic and would rather see them die then fall in love, this plot about a loner finding love sounds too interesting to resist. I've seen plenty of TV shows about serial killers who aren't loners (anymore) and they blend in with the rest of us "normal" people by getting married and having families of their own. In TV shows, of course, you witness how the bad guys kill under the radar of their spouses then oh, they're caught and the spouses feel betrayed. Every word, every touch, every glance feels like a lie because how can anyone possibly believe they were ever loved by someone who killed for a living? Are serial killers capable of feelings? Are they really detached from everything? Do they have a conscience? Do they have passion? It all depends, doesn't it? Hopefully, Normal would be able to answer these questions through the eyes and twisted mind of the serial killer. Sure, this isn't supposed to be a love story, but to the serial killer, it probably is. I'm ready for something dark and thrilling :D

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel weird when a serial killer suddenly falls in love ?? I am not really excited about it :/

    Nejoud @ CurrentlyReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not the least bit romantic. *shivers* Only interesting haha.

      Delete
  2. Omgsh, this sounds so creepy! Lol! Let me know what you think when you read it!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay you are soooo my bookish twin! Girl I love me some crazy shit in books -- psychos, serial killers, drug addicts, etc, just as long as it's dysfunctional it's my cup of tea! I'm so pumped to read this because it reminds me so much of the lovely bones, which I also loved btw! I def planning on snatching this up on it's release. I won't be able to get to it right away, but maybe we can do a buddy read, co-review type of thing. Let me know !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are, we are~~~~

      Yes, definitely. I'll be sure to hit you up if I come through. This book is available on Netgalley and since mystery books aren't my strong suit, there's only a slight chance I might get approved.

      Delete
  4. This is on my TBR already, I cannot wait for the release date to come closer - thanks for sharing :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete