Waitng on Wednesday #1

by 9:12 AM 6 comments
Waiting on Wednesday a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine. Today, I'm featuring one book I'm greatly anticipating.
 
 
23399192
 
Rook by Sharon Cameron
 
Release Date: April 28, 2015
 
 

Book Blurb

History has a way of repeating itself. In the Sunken City that was once Paris, all who oppose the new revolution are being put to the blade. Except for those who disappear from their prison cells, a red-tipped rook feather left in their place. Is the mysterious Red Rook a savior of the innocent or a criminal?

Meanwhile, across the sea in the Commonwealth, Sophia Bellamy’s arranged marriage to the wealthy René Hasard is the last chance to save her family from ruin. But when the search for the Red Rook comes straight to her doorstep, Sophia discovers that her fiancé is not all he seems. Which is only fair, because neither is she.

As the Red Rook grows bolder and the stakes grow higher, Sophia and René find themselves locked in a tantalizing game of cat and mouse.
 
 
 

Why I'm Excited 

DOESN'T IT SOUND ENTINCING?
 
A book with a little big mystery and characters who are not what they seem.

"Sophia discovers that her fiancé is not all he seems. Which is only fair, because neither is she . . ."

OH, SNAP!

This book, urrggh. HOLY COW! GIVE IT! NOW!

If this book lives up to my expectations, I hope I can shelve Sophia under my kick-ass-heroines shelf.

My request for an ARC is still pending, and whether I'm approved or not, I plan to buy the book.

 
Sharon is also the author of The Dark Unwinding, which I have not read the series.
 
There is a giveaway happening on Goodreads and I encourage you all to join and add Rook to your shelf :D

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book! It sounds great! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know it appeals to you :)
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Omg, omg, omg!!!!!! How come I haven't heard of this book until now! It sounds so good! Gah! The cover is gorgeous too. Seriously, I want this book now! D:What I love is that the two main character are already in a relationship so there will be no time wasting on them trying to be a couple like so many other YA novels. It will be more focus on the action. Oh, I know this is going to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm even more excited now because of your comment xDDD

      Delete
  3. This is a catchy cover, hope you enjoy it :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete