TAG: Series I Probably Won't Finished

by 10:17 PM 12 comments
Top 5 Wednesday by gingerreadslainey.
Here's her youtube channel.
It's not Wednesday and there is no top 5, so I stole the idea and will still tag the post as "top 5 wednesday."
This is a list of series I might give up on unless I can convinced myself to continue otherwise in the future.
Click on title to be directed to Goodreads.
 
 
 
1372251313206760
1320682813206900 
Okay, this is a very poor example because I MUST continue the series since I already own book 2 and 3. However, if I end up not liking Scarlet, then there's a big chance I will drop the series altogether and leave Cress dusty on my book shelf. I've read Cinder and it's in limbo.
 
If you don't know what limbo means to me, then I'll explain: I have a GR shelf I named "we-don't-speak-of-limbo." While limbo have many meanings, to me, it's simply a place of confinement where I keep things I want to forget or don't want to talk about. So what does this have to do with the Cinder? When I shelve a book under "we-don't-speak-of-limbo," it will usually represent disappointment in a book I had super high expectations for and/or it has to do with my distress for a character(s) who I don't care to discuss. When those expectations aren't met, I have to throw say-book into limbo, along with my feelings.
 
So that's the general idea of limbo.
 
Both the book Cinder and its protagonist didn't do it for me. Hence, Cinder was sentenced to limbo.
 
Here's my review of Cinder if you would like to hear more of what I have to say.
 
I do hope I will like Scarlet.
 
 
 
60510
I really like Poison Study and it's one of those books I wouldn't mind rereading. I first thought Poison Study was a standalone and I wished the book was, but it appears the rest of the series is going to follow a different plot and have a different feel to it if you get what I mean. Which is why I'm not that interested to continue the series.
 
 
 
15814555
Grave Mercy is okay. The next book is going to take on this "Beauty and Beast" theme, so I might give it a chance.
 
 
 
22108738 
I believe this is going to be a trilogy and so far I'm not a big fan. Book 1 and 2 are mehhh and I don't think I'm going to read the last book.
 
 
 
2948832 
Seduce Me at Sunrise is the only book I haven't finished. Well, that's unless you count Mine Til Midnight, which seems to be a most favorite of the series among Lisa Kleypas's fans, but I found it so boring that I couldn't finish it. I have like 80 pages to go, fyi. Anyways, I read the Hathaway series out of order (there are five). The first book I read was #5. Second book I read was #3. Third book was #4. Fourth book was #1. Which leaves Seduce Me at Sunrise (book #2) in the last place.
 
 
 
97967 
I love Mystic and Rider and I don't have the heart to read the next book and have Kirra ruin it for me. Senneth is the main character of Mystic and Rider, and when I found out she would only play a secondary character (but still a crucial role) in the next book, I was devastated. The series continue with Kirra, who was a secondary character in Mystic and Rider, but is now the main in The Thirteenth House. I did my research and admit to being swayed by negative reviews to not read book the sequel. 1) Kirra sounds like she's going to be a pain in my ass. 2) Adultery is not something I enjoy reading about. 3) She's going to treat Donnal like shit. Poor guy. She's blind and stupid for not seeing that he's in love with her. 4) I know I'll ending up hating the book because of solely my resent for the MC. 
 
 
 
10662507
This is the first book I read by Sharon Shinn, the same author of Mystic and Rider. In my opinion, Troubled Waters is a good fantasy. It's simply not great. I felt like nothing really happened, and although I like how Zoe grows as a character, she's not fun to read about. Also, I like the idea of the "elements" that weaved through the series, but it's not enough to encourage me to continue.



New addition . . .



Throne of Glass
1603423517167166
2061347018006496
The first book killed everything for me. It's crucial that the first book of any series leaves a good impression or else the rest of the series is ruined for me.
Read my review of Throne of Glass.

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting post. I’m also undecided about finishing The Lunar Chronicles. I’ve only read Cinder, though. The others might be better.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. And yes, hopefully the rest of the series is better :)

      Delete
  2. Crap I just left a comment on your Cinder review post about pushing through the series lol. I haven't read The Gates of Thread & Stone just yet, but I heard pretty good things about both books. I'm most likely going to pick them up mainly because of the pretty covers, especially the Infinite lol. Sorry you didn't enjoy these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I just read your comment. I'll try but I can't promise to be committed lol.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read the Lunar Chronicles, but I bought all the books that I currently read already. The thing with me is that I like to buy all the books in the series before actually starting it just because I'm so lazy and rarely go back to bookstores to get the second and third copies. I really shouldn't do that anymore.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEBODY GETS ME! I'm like that too. Which is why I bought the first three books of the Lunar Chronicles and now I regret it. I've learned my lesson.

      Delete
  4. Aww, I almost guarantee you won't like Scarlet.. One day, in the distant future (lol),I hope you read Cress, though! I totally agree with Poison Study. The first book was good, the next two, just meh. The next Gates of Thread and Stone book was enjoyable, but I hated that Avan's memories were wiped. We have to find you a book you love, Cee!! Lol!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "One day, in the distance future" Lol xD

      Urrghhh, I'm really dying here. I NEED a book I love. There are too many books making me a book slump.

      Delete
  5. I really didn't like Cinder either. Predictable books just aren't my thing. Too bad I already own Scarlet.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already read the first books for the three first series you mentioned. I didn't want to continue reading them either. I don't want to continue Cinder not because I hate it, it's just doesn't appeal to me as much as I would like it to. Everytime I feel like picking Scarlet to read, I will change my mind and pick another book to read. I don't have a care for Poison Study and Grave Mercy too.
    I am surprised that you don't like Throne of Glass though since it's all the rave. I gotta admit though that I don't really like the third book but I want to know how it ends so I will have to continue reading the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll take me WEEKS to finish Scarlet, sadly. I'm reading little snippets at a time. Yep, I am honestly surprised too at how much I don't Throne of Glass. If I read this book a year ago, I would have probably loved it.

      Delete