TAG: The Reader Problems

by 6:42 PM 8 comments
Got reader problems?


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Oh my god, I don't even want to think about this.


2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or commit?
I commit . . . most of the times. Unless it's a physical book I bought, I would quit and give it another try later on in my hopeless life.


3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Catch up!

 
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Ignore the ugliness. Or die trying.


5. Everyone and their mother love a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Myself. Haha. If nobody share my feelings and opinions, that's fine by me.

 
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
"Run, Forrest, run!"

 
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!
I never forget if it's a book I love :3 Unless it's a sequel of a book I simply like then I will refresh my memories by checking out the reviews on Goodreads. Sometimes, I'll be so thrilled for the sequel of a book I love that I will go back to read the first installment to pump myself up!
 
 
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. Borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I'm blunt about this kind of situation. If I don't want anyone borrowing for me, I say "no." One time this classmate wanted to borrow money for me and I straight-out told her I don't lend money to people I don't trust and know well. Since we're on the topic of books, I don't mind my family and friends borrowing my books. I just hate it when they lend it someone I don't know -.- How dare you? Who gave you the power?

 
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I stop trying and do something else like watch a movie. Or I force myself to read until I find that one good book to get me out of this hell hole.

 
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Rough and inaccurate estimation: 1 out of 10.

 
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Weeks? Hahaha. I still haven't read the Lunar Chronicles series I bought and it's getting lonely on my shelf. I'm like one of those people who keeps pushing books back because I want to "savor" it. You know what I mean?
 
 
Stolen from Angelica. Here's her post.

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

8 comments:

  1. I don't like lending my books to people but if they lend me theirs then I have to reciprocate. I always lay down the rules before they take the book though like how wide they can open and how they should not eat or drink while holding my book. Hahah drive my friends crazy sometimes.
    I know the feeling on trying to hold off from reading a book to savor the moment. I did it with the Heir of Fire. It only lasted for a day though. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You go, girl! Tell me about it xD Everybody knows I don't like people putting their drinks and food next to my books or laptop.

      Delete
  2. 20 000 is not even an exaggeration :P

    Alson; I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! :D check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The most I've ever seen is 1,000, but never before 20,000 lol.

      Thank you for nominating me! :) I nominated you too, but I must have forgot to inform you. (?)

      Delete
  3. Some of your answers made me laugh. I’ve seen a lot of people doing this tag lately. I might have to do it myself. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, good to know you had a good laugh xD You definitely should! (:

      Delete
  4. I definitely understand the wanting to "savor it" feeling. I still have yet to read The Book THief and that has been on my shelf for a LONG time!

    ReplyDelete