Review: Reread: The Sum of All Kisses

by 10:29 AM 0 comments
15702268 

The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn

Published April 1st 2014 by Strange Chemistry
Genre: Historical Romance, Regency Romance
Reviewed on January 9, 2014
Add me on Goodreads!


Book Blurb

He thinks she's an annoying know-it-all...

Hugh Prentice has never had patience for dramatic females, and if Lady Sarah Pleinsworth has ever been acquainted with the words shy or retiring, she's long since tossed them out the window. Besides, a reckless duel has left this brilliant mathematician with a ruined leg, and now he could never court a woman like Sarah, much less dream of marrying her.

She thinks he's just plain mad...

Sarah has never forgiven Hugh for the duel he fought that nearly destroyed her family. But even if she could find a way to forgive him, it wouldn't matter. She doesn't care that his leg is less than perfect, it's his personality she can't abide. But forced to spend a week in close company they discover that first impressions are not always reliable. And when one kiss leads to two, three, and four, the mathematician may lose count, and the lady may, for the first time, find herself speechless ...

New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn's enchanting third novel in the Smythe-Smith quartet is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud and tug at your heartstrings in equal measures.




Review

The Good: Friendship turn into hot romance! I love friendship as much as romance and The Sum of All Kisses definitely delivered what I wanted in the leading characters. The story took off great and I loved Sarah and Hugh together, as well as their interactions with Sarah's sisters. Frances was my favorite sister and the idea of the unicorns, plays, and whatnot in this story was hilarious.



The Bad: Sarah and Hugh aren't my favorite JQ couple though and Sarah happens to be my least favorite heroine. Towards the end, I started resenting all the characters in general.

"Oh lord, give me patience," I prayed as I glanced heavenward.


The ending was so melodramatic (and not the good kind that I can withstand) and I was fucking tired of the whole sobbing-contract-evil-father-situation. Boo hoo. Boo boo hoo!
The drama didn't even seem to make sense anymore.


I struggled between picking a three star, four star, or a five star rating because I really hated the ending, but the first half of the book made it up for me. It's hard to believe, but this is one of my favorite books from Julia Quinn.

4.5 stars!
 
 
 

Rating

          

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment