Review: Reread: Stolen Songbird

by 10:42 AM 0 comments

17926775 

Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy #1 by Danielle L. Jensen

Published April 1st 2014 by Strange Chemistry
Genre: Fantasy, YA
Reviewed on December 13, 2014
Add me on Goodreads!


Book Blurb

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.

But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.

As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.
  
 
 
 

Review

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Stolen Songbird.

Who would’ve thought in a million years that I would fall in love with a troll?

I’m certain Cecile didn’t expect it either. Kidnapped and thrust into a marriage and "bond" to a troll prince, Cecile is a prisoner more than a princess in Trollus. She is the trolls’ only hope to be set free from a witch’s curse, which bounds them to their homes underneath the mountain. With strength from her new friends and strength from within herself, she’ll discover what it really takes to be a part of a rebellion; a rebellion being led in secret by the Prince himself.

Now you would think all trolls are ugly and disfigured, but it’s not true for the most part. Danielle Jensen’s take on these creatures is awestrucking and you will be falling in love with the world they live in.

I really can’t praise the book enough. I would give this book a million stars rating if I could because I absolutely love it. The story is amazing! Even I found the politics interesting, when in reality I would be snoozing in my seat at the back of the class.

Tristan captivated me from the very beginning. It was hard to hate him. I couldn't do it. Despite his arrogant and rude manner from when we first meet him, I’ve always had a weakness for those with an irresistible wit and sarcasm. Most of the times, I was like:


Tristan is amazing and sweet and everything else! Believe it. He is so book boyfriend material.

Watching him develop as a character and grow soft on Cecile was so worth my soul when I sold it to this book. The more you understand his motives, the more you understand why he acts the way he does. Everything is for show and when Cecile realizes this, she has to keep up with his acts. Cecile and Tristan are perfect together. Both are strong characters . . . and very frustrating, of course.

Dear Universe, I understand that Tristan only exists in writing, but can I, maybe, conjure him up and do with him as I please?
Too much to ask?

Yeah, too much to ask.

In the future, if anyone ever asks me about my ideal type, I may just blurt out "trolls."
 
 
 

Rating

5 Shattering Stars!
 

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment