Review: Troubled Waters

by 11:03 AM 0 comments
10662507

Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn

Published September 27th 2011 by Ace
Genre: Fantasy
Reviewed on January 9, 2015
Add me on Goodreads!


Book Blurb

Zoe Ardelay receives astonishing and unwelcome news: she has been chosen to become the king’s fifth wife. Forced to go to the royal city, she manages to slip away and hide on the shores of the mighty river.

It’s there that Zoe realizes she is a coru prime ruled by the elemental sign of water. She must return to the palace, not as an unwilling bride for the king, but a woman with power in her own right. But as Zoe unlocks more of the mysteries of her blood — and the secrets of the royal family — she must decide how to use her great power to rise above the deceptions and intrigue of the royal court.
 
 
 

Review

Trouble Waters presented a new fantasy world to me. The world-building and imagery was extraordinary. Sometimes, words weren’t enough and I wanted to live in this livid fantasy and experience it for myself.

I love reading a book where I can feel what a character feels. I don’t have to relate to them. I simply must understand them and Zoe was one of those characters for me. From the beginning, I felt her grief then her happiness and freedom as she adapted to her new life.

Uptight and unyielding, you wouldn’t have believed Darien was a love interest. It was clear Darien had aged beyond his years. I honestly thought he was an old man in the beginning, only to realize some time later that he was only in his early thirties. Oops! Anyways, I love a man who’s intelligent, loyal, and determined to claim the one he loves.

I even had some laugh out moments which I didn’t expect from this story. And the romance. Whoo! It had squealing so much that I felt foolish and ridiculously happy.

Overall: I find the plot and fantasy world fairly original, and I love the idea of the random blessings and the elements.


 

Rating

 

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment