Chasing the Years

by 12:40 PM 10 comments
There are so many TBR books to look forward to in 2015. However, I’ve always been one to look back and so I present to you a list of books I need to catch up on. (Multiple genres and in no particular order.) Think of it as a check list and a wish list. I'll check off the title for each book I own and/or read in the future.

13533650  
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
“Beautiful people, things are to easy for them. They don't know how to survive in this world. Somebody's ugly, or even plain, normal-looking, that means they got to work twice as hard for things. For anything. Just to get people to listen to 'em, or take 'em serious. So yeah. I don't trust beautiful people.”
Comment: Guys, guys, guys! You don't even know how BADLY I want The Assassin's Curse. It even has its own shelf in my Goodreads. I bought book 2 some time ago, but have yet to get my hands on book 1. I'm going to go crazy waiting for them to start publishing this again. Assassins and pirates?! Really?! Come on!
60510
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
“I peered deeper and found my soul. A little tattered and with some holes, but there all the same. It had always been there, I realized with shock.”
Comment: A food taster? Poison? How can it get any more interesting? This book is like WAY UP there in my want list.
11235712 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
“Imagine there was a cure, but finding it would cost you everything. It would completely ruin your life. What would you do?”
Comment: Sounds like some badass Cinderella! I'm broke (money-wise). Cinder is broke (robot-wise). Let's be friends.
7600924 
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzama
“Out of the millions and millions of people that inhabit this planet, he is one of the tiny few I can never have.”
Comment: I have a feeling this book is going to haunt me in the middle of the night.
7896527 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
“You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.”  
Comment: The famous Throne of Glass? Let's see how good it is.
16069030 
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
“Isn't that what stories do, make real things fake, and fake things real?”
Comment: Slaves? Count me in (;
22616635 
Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson
“I think sometimes we’re presented with the truth but we don’t want to believe it. We see things the way we want to see them. Sometimes, we choose to live in denial.”  
Comment: I have a feeling this book is going to be a life-changer.


10801027
Cross My Heart - Katie Klein
“I think you fall in love with someone when you least expect to. When it’s the last thing you want. That’s what’s so great about it.”
Comment: This book sounds cute :3

17406847
Defy by Sara B. Larson
“Sometimes it seemed like those with the most rotten interiors were blessed with the most exquisite exteriors.”
Comment: I refuse to read the bad reviews and will make my own opinions. I find that when a book has a lot of good reviews, I end up resenting the book  Then when a book has a lot of bad reviews, I end up liking the book.
10194157
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
“I hate hiding how much the stupid things he did hurt me, but I hated the idea of him finding out even more.”
Comment: I still have no clue what this is about, so I'm going to dive into the story, not knowing what I'm getting myself into.
17399160 
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Rassch
“When you're a teenager, being different- if it's not by choice - seems like the worst thing imaginable. But is it really?”
Comment: I've only heard good things.


3236307 
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
“When a monster stopped behaving like a monster, did it stop being a monster? Did it become something else?”
Comment: I have one thing to say: Po?
15814555 
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
“I comfort myself with the knowledge that if Duval ever feels smothered by me, it will be because I am holding a pillow over his face.”  
Comment: Hahaha! Sounds promising (;
16113606
Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
“Beauty is wherever you find it, and Beast is there when you need to defend it.”
Comment: I didn't like Princess of Thorns, but I've heard this is a better retelling. 
11500217 
Angelfall - Susan Ee
“I never thought about it before, but I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.”
Comment: Why the hype?


12558285 
Splintered by A.G Howard
“Tearing down the rest of the world won't make you happy. Look inside yourself. Because finding who you were meant to be? What you were put into this world to do? That's what fills the emptiness. It's the only things that can.”
Comment: The gorgeous cover totally captivated me when I was walking by the book in B&N. When I do read this, it better be as good as people say it is. I like me some Alice in Wonderland.


22843341
Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward
"The ‘one that got away’ was supposed to stay away, not come back and leave you all over again."
Comment: I need this angst.
2948832 
Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas
“The worst part about loving someone, Merripen, is that there will al­ways be things you can't protect her from. Things be­yond your control. You finally realize there is something worse than dying . . . and that is having something hap­pen to her. You have to live with that fear always. But you have to take the bad part, if you want the good part."
Comment: I'm not a big fan of the Hathaway series (even though I own the books). Nonetheless, this is the second and only book I haven't read (and bought) and once I get started on something, I have to finish.
720801 
The Proposition by Judith Ivory
Comment: Why you only available through BN marketplace?
7120542 
In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady by Gayle Callen
Comment: You know your girl can't resist something or someone so scandalous. And that painting! Whoo!
21802977
Scandal by Navessa Allen
“I wanted to throw off the chains that bound me and give my entire being to someone. I wanted to know what it felt like to love another so much that the whole world came crashing down around me when it ended. I wanted obsession. I wanted madness. I wanted something all-consuming. And now that I realized it, I didn’t think that I would ever be the same again. And that terrified me.”  
Comment: F****** *****! I want.


1032696
London's Perfect Scoundrel - Suzanne Enoch
“Someone was absolutely going to get punched in the head today.”
Comment: Hit me, baby. Another Devil in Winter's Sebastian? Aww, hell yeah.


7514925
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
“Sometimes I think that maybe we are just stories. Like we may as well just be words on a page, because we're only what we've done and what we are going to do.”
Comment: PETER PAN! Reviews have me worked up for this.



544424
Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
“My dream is to find a guy who'll love me despite my flaws and won't turn away from me when a perfect girl walks by. Maybe a boy like that doesn't even exist.”
Comment: I need to read this NOW.

Nancy Her

Blogger/Reviewer

Cee named The Mistress Case after Sherlock (BBC with Benedict) and Supernatural (Dean, baby). She writes mainly book reviews. On occasions, movies and TV shows. She reads and reviews in many genres, including fantasy, historical, contemporary, romance, erotica, mystery, etc. She personally rains more love on fantasy and historical romance and hopes you won't hold it against her. Caoi.

10 comments:

  1. Love your list! If I could pick one that I really want to read ASAP, it would probably be Throne of Glass! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! And same here (: My top three would be Throne of Glass, Cinder, and Splintered.

      Delete
    2. Oooh I love Cinder!! (:

      Btw, I nominated you for this Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award thing that's going around. (:

      You don't have to participate but here's the link if you want to check it out:

      Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award Nomination

      Delete
  2. Ok Ok *sees Throne of Glass and starts to fangirl* That little series changed my entire life and I just love the writing and the action. You must read Throne of Glass. I don't know how much I rave about that to everyone, it's a little bit crazy of me. OMG It's amazing!! <3 I just followed your blog and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it if u do plan on reading it!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throne of Glass sounds like my thing <3 but I'm afraid to fall in love lol. I was actually at the bookstore yesterday and I was about to buy the first book, but then backed out at the last minute because I remembered the series was still ongoing. If I end up loving the series, waiting is going to be too painful for me, you know? xD

      Delete
  3. You have some really great books on this list! Forbidden is one of my favorite books OF ALL TIME. It's literally that good. Make sure you have some tissues for the end. You must pick up Cinder soon because the Lunar Chronicles is the shitttt. I Absolutely adore this series. I've read Throne of Glass and while I wasn't blown away like everyone said I'd be, it's still really good. I'll be reading Crown of Midnight come March. I'm also intrigued to read Poison Study, I mean a taste tester? SOLD! I haven't read Snow Like Ashes yet, but I have it and will be reading it in March as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even going to argue with everything you said. I'm certain Forbidden won't even need to try to make me cry. I already tear-up reading the reviews. Yes, the Lunar Chronicles is a MUST for me! I recently bought the books and I'm going to start it soon and prepare to fangirl. Retellings are my ultimate weakness in life. Honestly, I hope it won't be the same for me; Throne of Glass, I mean. It would suck major if I didn't fall for the series after all the hype and recommendations. Haha, yes, Poison Study and Snow Like Ashes <3

      Delete
  4. OMG Throne of Glass and Shadow and Bone!!! You must read those two, they're absolutely amazing! Great post!

    ~Cari @ My Addiction:Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. My lovely books, amazed away! Thank you (:

      Delete
  5. Great list! I have Puddle Jumoing on my TBR list as well. I have heard wonderful things about it. I really enjoyed Cross My Heart. Hope you enjoy your reads. :)
    New GFC follower
    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete